Making it easier for you
If you make any settings or choices on the site, information about it can be saved in the cookie. Next time you visit the same site, you will not need to redo these settings. Instead, the cookie announces that the visitor has been there earlier and what settings have been made. Therefore, cookies are used for practical reasons to make it easier for you to visit us.
Three types of cookies
We use persistent cookies and session cookies. Session cookies are automatically deleted when the browser window is closed, whereas persistent cookies remain on your computer for a longer period and are used when you visit us again. We do not save any personal information via cookies. Information about the visitor cannot be tracked.
If you want to turn off cookies
If you do not want any cookies, you can turn them off in your browser. You can also set the browser to send a request each time the site tries to place a cookie on your computer. Through the browser, previously stored cookies can also be deleted. See the browser’s help pages for more information.
At Absortech we respect the integrity of our customers and others. We have adopted this policy as a step towards providing strong protection for the Personal data we Process. Taking great care to protect and respect your privacy, we strive to maintain a high level of security in all Processing of Personal data.
“Personal data” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Such data may for example be name, email address, social security number, company, IP-address. A piece of data can amount to Personal data if it, in combination with other data, can be linked to you.
The ‘Controller’ is the natural or legal person r other body which determines the purposes and means of the Processing of Personal data.
The ‘Processor’ is an entity that Processes Personal data on behalf of a Controller
“Processing of Personal data” means any operation taken with Personal data, such as: collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
3. Our Processing of your Personal data
Absortech Processes data on your behalf. This means that you determine why and how we Process your Personal data. If you have any questions concerning how your Personal data is Processed, please contact us using the contact details listed on our website.
3.1. What Personal data is collected and why?
Absortech collects data when you for example subscribe for our newsletters, fill a form through one of our email campaigns or contact us in different types of matters. Absortech collects Personal data which is necessary to administer your customer relation with us and to provide services in accordance with our agreement. This typically includes information such as your name, address, email address, company and country, but can also include other information such as IP address. We may collect Personal data about you from different sources, including:
- Information you give us directly: We may collect information from you directly when you provide us with personal information. The types of information we may collect from you directly include your: name, email address, country, company name.
- Information we collect from other sources: We may receive personal information about you from other legitimate sources, including information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties. The types of personal information that we may collect from such sources include your: name, address, email address, telephone number, title and workplace.
3.2. For what purposes are Personal data Processed?
The Personal Data which Absortech collects about you will be used:
- to comply with legal requirements or lawful authority requests
- for administrative and internal business purposes
- to provide you with products and services as well as to inform you of new products, services and events
- to evaluate and improve our offering to, and communication with customers
- for development of our business and services
- in data Processing for advertising purposes
- for statistics.
3.3. Legal basis for Processing Personal data
We will always Process your Personal data in accordance with applicable law.
- Fulfilment of a contractual obligation: Your Personal data is Processed for the overall purpose of administering, managing and fulfilling our obligations to you in accordance with our agreement. The Processing may also be a necessary step to take in order to enter into a contract, which the person has requested. This legal basis is relevant for all information we collect.
- Data Processing pursuant to legal authorisation: The Processing of Personal data is also permitted if national legislation requests, requires or allows this. The type and extent of data Processing must be necessary for the legally authorised data Processing activity and must comply with the relevant statutory provisions. This legal basis is relevant for i.e. invoicing and complying with bookkeeping legislation.
- Data Processing pursuant to legitimate interest: Personal data can also be Processed if it is necessary for a legitimate interest of Absortech. Legitimate interests are generally of a legal (e.g. collection of outstanding receivables) or commercial nature (e.g. avoiding breaches of contract). Personal data may not be Processed for the purposes of a legitimate interest if, in individual cases, there is evidence that the interests of the data subject merit protection, and that this takes precedence. Before data is Processed, it is necessary to determine whether there are interests that merit protection.
If we will Process your Personal data for any purpose other than those mentioned above, we will inform you.
4. For how long is the data stored?
The data we collect about you will be saved for the duration of our business relation with the customer. Please note that certain data must be stored for a longer period, even after a business relationship has been terminated, when this is required by national law. Such requirements may for example be included in tax or bookkeeping laws.
No information about you will be saved for longer than is necessary or in a manner that is inconsistent with law.
5. Disclosing of Personal data
We are entitled to hire sub-Processors for Processing Personal data on your behalf. We undertake to inform you regarding our possible plans to hire and/or substitute a sub-Processor, giving you the opportunity to object to such changes. If we hire sub-Processors for Processing Personal data on your behalf, we are fully liable towards you for such sub-Processors’ activities.
Companies that Process Personal data on our behalf will always enter into a data Processing agreement with us to ensure that a high level of protection of your Personal data is maintained by our partners. In relation to non-EU/EEA partners, special safeguards are taken, such as to sign agreements that include standardised clauses for data transfer adopted by the EU Commission.
Your Personal data may also be disclosed to third parties when (i) it is required by law, other statutory or governmental decisions, or (ii) information is provided to insurance companies, banks or benefit partners as described above.
Absortech will not disclose your personal information to any extent other than described in this Section 5.
6. Your Rights
You are entitled, in accordance with applicable data protection laws, to request access to the Personal data Processed about you at any time. You also have the right to have incorrect Personal data about you corrected, to request that we erase your Personal data, limit our Processing of your Personal data, exercise your right to data portability, and object to the Processing of your Personal data.
Where Processing is based on consent you have the right to withdraw your consent to that Processing at any time. In case you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us through the contact details listed below.
You also have the right to lodge complaints with a supervisory authority at any time if you believe that your Personal data is Processed in violation of applicable data protection legislation.
7. Contact details
The Controller responsible for Processing your information is Absortech. If you have questions about how we Process your personal information or want information and contact information for the designated responsible person for Personal data, please feel free to contact us via the following contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org