Absortech publishes new UN Global Compact progress report
Absortech Group has published its fourth Communication on Progress under the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC). The report covers the actions put in place by Absortech to integrate the UN Global Compact and its ten principles into the company’s business strategy, culture, and daily operations. The ten principles are grouped in 4 areas: human rights, labour, environmental, and anti-corruption.
This new Communication on Progress covers the period from September 2020 till September 2021 and sets the goals for the following period until September 2022.
Strategic actions towards sustainable development
Absortech has been a part of the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative since 2016, but the progress in the period 2020-2021 towards sustainable development has been remarkable for the company. In particular, the group has made big progress on the environmental principles and has taken actions to promote greater environmental responsibility such as ISO 14001: 2015 certified its, and:
- Introduced a CO₂ neutral desiccant and minimize the carbon footprint of the AbsorRange®.
- Initiated a new program “Return-to-Reuse” to promote the reuse of some desiccant parts.
- Implemented energy-saving initiatives in the factories and increased waste recycling from production.
“During the last 12 months, we have stuck to our commitment towards sustainable development, proving that it is possible to act according to the ten principles of the UN Global Compact while improving our products and increasing business results. Sustainability is the path we must choose as companies and citizens.” says Rikard Kanmert, Absortech’ CEO.
The main progress during the last 12 months in the other three principles areas are:
- Implementation of a new Code of Conduct which includes topics on Human rights, child labour, and young workers, modern slavery and discrimination, compulsory for employees, partners, and suppliers.
- Guaranteeing labour rights: Absortech has implemented new processes to exhaustively audit companies before they become Absortech’ suppliers.
- Preventing corruption through continuous training among the organization members to operate with transparency and integrity and stop any bribery attempt.
The progress report can be accessed via the UN Global Compact website at this link.